By now we're sure you've stocked up on all the necessary items you need for the lockdown imposed by the government. And most of you might have hoarded junk food items like cookies and chips to help you get through all the stress you'll be feeling. But bingeing on junk food for almost a month is most certainly not going to do your health any benefits. In fact, it might just end up making you sick. So, here are some tips that will ensure your digestive and immune systems stay intact whilst in lockdown.
- Opt for seeds to snack on. Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds etc contain multiple minerals as well as vitamins and are also a great source of antioxidants. So all of these can work rather well in maintaining your health.
- Don't drink too much alcohol even if you're feeling stressed. Indulging in some of it is alright but if you take things up a notch you'll only mess up your health.
- Say no to fizzy drinks like coke and soda since these are full of artificial sweeteners. They'll affect your gut bacteria and increase your chances of developing diabetes.
- Add a handful of nuts like almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios etc to your diet since these are rich in fibres and vitamins. So, they're super healthy plus they'll keep you feeling full for long.
- Leafy vegetables should absolutely be included in your diet as these are packed with nutrients vitamins and antioxidants which are all required for your health to be perfect.