Have there been times when your skin doesn't act right even when you workout, eat well and follow a skincare routine? Well, we know it's a task to deal with a skin like that. But that also means that you need to take ultra care of your skin. In fact, this lockdown phase seems like the right time to detoxify your skin at regular intervals.
If you're someone with oily skin, here's how to detoxify it and give it a clean look:
- Begin with prepping your skin with oil. Preferably extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil. You can take a few drops in your palms and massage it on to your skin.
- Once you're done with the massage, you need to wash your face with a gentle cleanser that doesn't strip your face off of its natural oils and leaves a squeaky clean feeling.
- Those with oily skin needs to understand that dirt builds up on your face quite a lot f times. And so, it is important to exfoliate to keep the pores clean. You can apply a face scrub and gently massage it on your face to remove all the gunk and dirt.
- Exfoliation removes all the dirt and dead skin cells but since we're talking about detoxifying, you need to eliminate dirt from deep within and this is where the face masks come into play. You need to use face masks on your oily skin and you can make use of natural ingredients for the same too. This will help flush out impurities.
- Focus on blackheads and small bumps that appear on the chin, forehead, nose and even on the back area where hair follicles become clogged with oil, dead skin cells and dirt. One of the best ways to remove these is by going for a nose-pore strip.
- Top it up with a toner to bring the pH balance of your skin in place. You can also try using a toner with natural ingredients, especially the ones that can quickly absorb oil from your skin. You can end it with a moisturizer that's not oily but hydrating for your skin.