Many of you pay a lot of attention on how to look good from the outside, but while doing so, you forget to look good on the inside. Your lungs, your kidneys and your stomach needs as much attention as your skin and hair. What you eat affects the health of all your organs and since we're in this crucial time of the pandemic, it becomes all the more important to take care of our internal organs. One of the most affected organ is our lungs and we've got you a list of foods to focus on in order to maintain lungs health.
- Green tea: This one is quite a popular beverage among health and fitness freaks as it contains a lot many health benefits. There are a few nutrients in green tea that can prevent lung diseases including cancer.
- Apples: An apple a day surely keeps the doctor away and in this case, it can also improve the health of your lungs. The phytochemicals that are present in apples decrease the oxidative stress and inflammation as well as enhances pulmonary functions. Apples can better lung functions.
- Bananas: This fruit is packed with nutrients and vitamin C that can improve lung health. So, if you suffer from lung issues, bananas can be your saviour fruit.
- Garlic and ginger: Both of these kitchen ingredients have anti-inflammatory properties and carry antioxidants that can help in keeping certain lung based health issues at bay.
- Turmeric: This Indian kitchen ingredient can be used for many health problems. If you include it in your daily diet, it will keep the lung diseases at bay like COPD, asthma, lung injury, acute respiratory distress syndrome and pulmonary fibrosis.